Destiny 2 is the long-awaited sequel to the MMOFPS Destiny, created by Bungie. The game will combine RPG and Shooter elements in an open, massively multiplayer online world.
Explore the futuristic Sci-Fi world of Destiny 2, defeat bosses and run missions with friends and strangers and pit your skills against other players in brutal PvP combat.
Check back here for regular updates as we bring you all the news, rumors, leaks and trailers as they become available.
- Developer: Bungie
- Publisher: Activision
- Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows
'Destiny 2' Trailer
The Destiny 2 team released their first teaser trailer on March 28, 2017, officially announcing the game. The trailer stars Nathan Fillion as the voice of a mysterious and irreverent gunslinger. A second worldwide reveal trailer was released the next day, giving more plot information and featuring more of Nathan Fillion's character.
'Destiny 2' Release Date
Bungie has officially confirmed a release date of September 8, 2017 for Destiny 2. Customers who pre-order any version of the game will also receive early access to the open beta.
'Destiny 2' Pre-Order Bonus And Special Editions
Pre-ordering either the standard or digital deluxe editions of Destiny 2 will get you early access to the open beta when it occurs.
The standard edition of Destiny 2 simply contains the full game.
There will also be a digital deluxe edition containing the following:
- The full game
- The first and second planned expansions, when they're released
- A legendary sword
- Legendary player emote
- A Cabal themed emblem
'Destiny 2' Secrets, Guides, Easter Eggs, Cheats, Tips & Tricks
Check back in closer to the release of Destiny 2 for the guides, easter eggs, cheats, tips, tricks and more that we'll be covering
Where To Download 'Destiny 2'
Destiny 2 will be available through the PSN and Xbox stores to purchase and download directly to your consoles. Unconfirmed rumors also claim that the game will be available through Steam.
'Destiny 2' Latest News
- Destiny 2 is set to be a major gameplay change from the first game. One inside source claimed “D2 is a completely different game,” going on to compare the new game with The Taken King: “The Taken King was a reboot for Destiny 1 to fix small things. This is the overhaul to fix big things.”
- Sources close to Bungie have likened the gameplay improvements and new mechanics to the difference between Diablo 1 and Diablo 2, which hints at huge changes and added depth to the skill and class system.
- Inside sources claim that part of the gameplay overhaul will involve creating a more open and immersive world. A major goal is to remove the need for menu navigation to enter play spaces, as well as reducing the amount of hard borders between areas—an open world reminiscent of games like #Skyrim.
- They also reportedly aim to create more social common areas, such as towns and outposts. According to one source, "[The] goal is to have players conducting things & making activity decisions while still in control of their character, instead of having to exit out into an activity hub." The source went on to compare this to World of Warcraft's system, which allows players to queue for activities while remaining in control of their character and undertaking other activities.