Prepare yourself for a swash-buckling adventure and more pirate(d) puns than you can handle because Rare are setting sail for the high seas! Creator of Battletoads, Donkey Kong Country, GoldenEye 007 and the Banjo-Kazooie games, the talented people behind the big R certainly know a thing or two about game design. And soon we'll get to see what they know about sword play.
Sea of Thieves will be (hopefully) arriving on Xbox One and PC over the course of 2017. Focusing on multiplayer action, teams of pirates will be performing various tasks aboard their own ships as they search for treasure, blast holes in some bows and get really, really drunk. Now that's a game.
For all the info you'll need on Sea of Thieves, be sure to check back here regularly for all the updates!
- Developer: Rare
- Publisher: Microsoft Studios
- Platforms: Xbox One, PC
'Sea of Thieves' Trailer
The cinematic reveal trailer for Sea of Thieves, courtesy of Microsoft's 2016 E3 conference:
The gameplay reveal trailer for Sea of Thieves, featuring tons of Let's Players having fun:
'Sea of Thieves' Release Date
There's been no word on an official release date for Rare's Sea of Thieves. Microsoft have stated that it's due to arrive on Xbox One in 2017, but that's all we've got for now.
'Sea of Thieves' Beta
Rare have yet to announce an official beta for Sea of Thieves on Xbox One or PC. Once a beta is announced, you'll find all the info on it here!
'Sea of Thieves' Gameplay Breakdown: Multiplayer & Singleplayer
Set in the pirate world, Sea of Thieves gives players the opportunity to join their own crew right from the beginning, either via matchmaking or by inviting friends. You can also go it alone with AI buddies in the singleplayer mode, but it's primarily focused on multiplayer interactions. Here are some of the gameplay features in Sea of Thieves:
- You can maneuver your ship around the open sea by working together with ship mates. You'll need to raise anchor and sails, have someone at the helm and others to guide them. You can also fire at rival ships with canons, repair holes in the hull and use some spyglasses to spot land or enemies.
- You can go treasure hunting for gold and mark maps with all the skull and crossbones you like.
- You can craft equipment and amass various resources from islands to upgrade your ship or make yourself some food or items.
- The game features proximity voice chat with other players.
- A dynamic day-night cycle is employed, along with real life simulated water rendering and physics.
We'll update this section as more gameplay opportunities present themselves.
'Sea of Thieves' Guide: Secrets, Cheats, Easter Eggs, Tips & Tricks
Once Rare's Sea of Thieves officially releases, you'll find all of the relevant guide info right here, plus tips, tricks, secrets, cheats, easter eggs and more!