Injustice 2 is on the way, continuing the story of alternate worlds and corrupted heroes that began in the first game. Featuring a huge cast of characters already, things are looking exciting and that's just the start. Like all Netherrealm #FightingGames, there's guaranteed to be plenty of secrets, extra characters and add-ons to come, but what do you get at launch?
Everything You Need To Know About 'Injustice 2' Pre-Order Bonuses & Special Editions
There's going to be several special editions of #Injustice2 available at launch, as well as special pre-order bonuses for those of you who just can't wait. We're here to guide you through everything you need to know to help you make the right choice before it hits the shelves!
'Injustice 2' Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-ordering Injustice 2 will get you an exclusive pre-order bonus theme for your console. More importantly though, it will give you access to Darkseid, the nigh-omnipotent cosmic villain who looks to be the big bad in the upcoming Justice League movie. That's it for pre-order bonuses as of this time.
'Injustice 2' Standard Edition Contents
The Injustice 2 standard edition will be $59.99 at launch, available in both physical and digital formats. It will contain all the base game content and characters, such as Blue-Beetle, Scarecrow and Supergirl, but comes with no bonus characters, skins or other bonus content (aside from Darkseid if you pre-order).
'Injustice 2' Digital Deluxe Edition
This edition of the game will cost $79.99, doesn't have a physical copy and is available only through digital distribution channels such as PSN and the Microsoft Store. It will include all the contents of the standard edition, including Darkseid if you pre-order, plus:
- Three DLC fighters: Starfire, Red Hood and Sub-Zero of Mortal Kombat fame.
- The 'Defender' gear shader pack, which allows you to customize the appearance of your roster
- A special premium skin that transforms Supergirl into Power Girl, complete with new voice actors, effects and animations.
'Injustice 2' Ultimate Edition
The Ultimate Edition of Injustice 2 will cost $99.99 and is available in both digital and physical formats. It contains everything in the Digital Deluxe edition, as well as the following:
- Six more DLC fighters, for a total of nine. So far three have been revealed, they are Starfire, Red Hood and Sub Zero.
- A second gear 'Destroyer' shader pack that allows you to customize the appearance of all the characters on your roster.
- Two more premium skins. The first will transform the standard Hal Jordan Green Lantern into an alternate John Stewart version (which is an interesting choice, what with him being dead and all). The second will transform The Flash into his fearsome arch-nemesis the psychotic Reverse Flash. Both these premium skins will feature new voice actors, different lines and alternate animations.
You can check out all of the characters revealed so far in action in the trailer below:
Which edition are you planning on getting? Let us know in the comments!