Bethesda released a patch for Dishonored 2 on Thursday that aimed to address many of the performance issues that PC users have had since the game's launch a week prior.
The update includes:
- Mouse improvements, including a fix for sensitivity being framerate dependent
- Fixes an AMD cloth physics issue, which impacts framerates at various points in the game
- Fixes an issue affecting CPU task priority - the game no longer switches CPU task priority
While CPU priority is something that many users had figured out already, there was a lot more that needed to be done to bring the game up to reasonable frame rates that similar games have on PC.
However, the patch isn't automatic, since it's a beta update, and actually requires action on your part to get the update. Here's what you do:
- Log into Steam.
- Right Click on 'Dishonored 2' in your Library.
- Select Properties.
- Select Betas.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select BetaPatch.
- Select OK.
- Wait a few minutes for game to update.
- When done, 'Dishonored 2' [BetaPatch] should appear in your Library.
The patch has only been live a few hours at this point, so it's hard to know exactly how effective it is. Regardless, Bethesda has stated it is still looking into the performance issues and will have more fixes coming in the coming weeks to address frame rate and other such problems.