Failure: NeuroSlicers is a genre-defining highly tactical, narrative driven, online competitive cyberpunk arena based real-time strategy game.
With AI powered units and battle board manipulation at its centre, Failure offers a set of truly fresh challenges for both the seasoned competitive player as well as those looking for a truly fresh narrative driven strategy gaming experience.
Cyber warfare just stepped up a gear. Battle it out in highly tactical real time PVP warfare with Failure: NeuroSlicers - a genre-defining new competitive real time strategy game coming out for PC / Mac / Linux and Xbox One.
With advanced AI powered units and environment manipulation at its core, Failure: NeuroSlicers offers a set of truly fresh challenges for both the seasoned competitive player as well as those looking for a deep narrative driven strategy gaming experience.
Combine a wide variety of highly customizable abilities including clever AI controlled units, upgradeable buildings and most importantly, hacking powers that allow players to manipulate the battle space, re-configuring the environment and influencing the behaviours of both their and their enemy's units.
Unlock the secrets of the NeuroNet and the corporations vying for control in a multiplayer driven narrative and ultimately make a decision who to side with as the war of the Network escalates.
In Failure: NeuroSlicers you are a lone hacker looking to become the best Slicer in the network, but the truth hidden in it's depths might mean your fighting for more than just your share of cryptocurrency.
Failure: NeuroSlicers started life as an internal game jam game developed by Milcho Milchev, our lead designer and gameplay programmer. Initially the game was in 2D with the simple mechanic of being able to place or remove squares from a grid based battle board where two teams of little Ai controlled bots would fight it out.
The player's objective was to manipulate the battle board by placing and removing these blocks in order to change the behaviours and pathfinding of the bots and get them to be strategically placed so that they could destroy the other team before the player's team died. It all centered around placement, timing and positioning. It was simple, yet elegant and we very quickly realised we were onto something special.
Since the first prototype we have continued to keep the AI controlled units and battleboard manipulation at the core of the game's experience while expanding on it immensely. This has culminated in a real time strategy game that feels truly fresh, exciting yet challenging, but most importantly a lot of fun to play.
- Physically manipulate the battlegrounds, changing their layout which in turn influences unit movement and building line of sight.
- Units in Failure are completely AI controlled with players only able to influence their behaviours through the use of their powers
- Refocused gameplay from micromanagement to macromanagement, breaking down the barriers that often stop people from playing RTS games.
- Wide variety of units, buildings and hacking powers available to players allowing them to customize their loadouts to suit their playstyle.
- Deep narrative experience tied to multiplayer progression. Unlock the truths hidden in the data you collect and see the Factions for who they really are and ultimately determine the future of the NeuroNet and the world beyond.
- Fast paced, highly competitive gameplay that's quick to pick up and fun to master.
- Deep player progression that's tied to ability and visual unlocks, narrative and ultimately the end game content which focuses on the Faction war between the three Corporations and the player's position among their ranks.
THE NEWSLETTER AND OTHER LINKS
Sign up to our monthly newsletter for the latest progress and a chance to join our closed alpha and beta later this year.
Check out previous issues of the newsletter for an idea of the content.
Check out our blog here for an insight into the development process.
We also write some short stories about characters and the world of Failure: NeuroSlicers, you can check them out here.
Oh, and if your Press or an Youtube or Twitch influencer and want to get your hands on an early copy of the game then send us an email at [email protected] We also have a dedicated PressKit for you to check out here.
We're all over Social Media too and would love you to follow us and maybe send some questions our way: