So if you haven't heard, there's an official Friday The 13th game being made -- and it looks awesome. From hardcore fans of the franchise, to standard fans of gaming, everyone has been excited for its release in October. And if you're saying whatever, I bet it sucks, under your breath, this new game-play video will change your mind.
Watch This Brutal Friday The 13th: The Game Footage Below
How could you not love this? The music, the kills, the classic Jason skins, it's everything a fan would want to see!
What We Know About Friday The 13th: The Game, So Far
This game will be officially released next month. So it's time to take a look at what you can expect, below!
- This will be the second official Friday The 13th video game
- The original came out in 1989 for Ninetendo
- This will be Jason's third official appearance in a video game
- His second appearance was in Mortal Kombat X
- There will be seven different Jason skins in this game
- You will play as either Jason or a camp counselor
- As a counselor, your goal is to either escape, or defeat Jason
- As Jason... your goal is to kill everyone
- Single player hasn't been included into the game, yet
- Previous stretch goals included, unlocking Ms. Voorhees as a playable character. And having Manhattan as a stage to play in.
- This game has several Easter eggs from the Friday The 13th films.
- Friday The 13th: The Game, will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC
- '8 Behind The Scenes Pictures of Horror Villains That Will Melt Your Heart'
- 'Halloween Horror Nights Is About To Put Out Its Best Roster Of Villains In Years'
Could This Open Up Doors For Other Slasher Villain Video Games?
Hopefully Friday The 13th: The Game, will open doors for others. Often times, we'll see slasher cameo in established franchises, when they should actually have their own video games. The good news is this Friday The 13th project, will likely open doors for more like it -- and we're ready.