Mass Effect: Andromeda brings us a new world in a galaxy far, far away from the one that we've come to know and love from the original games. The re-worked combat and relationship systems gives us plenty to work with as it is. However, we can't help but wonder if we'll be running into anyone we know any time soon—namely fan-favorites Tali and Garrus.
- Andromeda: Resources, Research and Development Guide
- Andromeda: Quick Fixes For PC Errors, Crashes, Frame Rate Issues & More
- Andromeda: How To Earn More XP & Level Up Fast
- Andromeda: The Best Skills For Every Class
Mass Effect Legends Garrus And Tali Do Not Appear In 'Andromeda'
Check out the latest trailer for Mass Effect: Andromeda below:
At this point, we can be pretty sure that you won't be able to find Garrus Vakarian or Tali'Zorah at any point in the Mass Effect: Andromeda story.
There are two major reasons for this:
- Mass Effect: Andromeda takes place hundreds of years after the original Mass Effect trilogy. This means that unless Garrus and Tali are immortal or secret members of the Initiative, we won't be seeing them around these parts.
- BioWare has moved on from the original trilogy's story. During development, BioWare made it pretty clear that #Andromeda's story would be a new and separate entity with fresh characters and adventures. It's probably for the best based on #MassEffect3's original ending!
So not only will we not be seeing Garrus or Tali, we won't be hearing from any of the old cast members. Which is a real shame considering how awesome Liara T'Soni was...
It's a little bit depressing to be so far from a familiar face—light years, in fact. But, who knows? Maybe BioWare will revisit the crew in a future game or in a downloadable add-on. After all, no one expected to see the original #ResidentEvil mansion in Resident Evil 5 (a game set in Africa). But we did.
So, try to overlook those animations and keep hope alive!
Feeling bummed about the news or are you ready to move on?