Remnant puzzles are an important part to your journey through Mass Effect: Andromeda's universe. If you're lucky, you're equipped with a Remnant Decryption key that will allow you to bypass the puzzle entirely. If you're not, you'll have to do a bit of thinking. The unfamiliar glyphs might throw you off a bit, but there's quite a bit of method to the madness when it comes to solving Remnant puzzles quickly!
- Mass Effect: Andromeda: The Best Skills For Every Class
- Mass Effect: Andromeda: How To Earn More XP And Level Up Quickly
- Mass Effect: Andromeda: Quick Fixes For PC Errors, Crashes & Frame Rate Errors
Remnant Decryption: How To Solve 'Mass Effect: Andromeda' Remnant Puzzles
Check out the latest trailer for Mass Effect: Andromeda below:
First thing's first—Mass Effect: Andromeda's Remnant puzzles have a few rules that will help you in your attempts to solve them.
- All grid spaces must be filled with glyphs.
- Red glyphs are locked in.
- Each glyph in a row must be different. No repeats!
- Each glyph in a column must be different. No repeats!
- No highlighted shape can include repeats of the same glyph. These shapes can be different but begin as squares.
Does any of this sound familiar? I should hope so! Let's get on to that remnant decryption, huh?
Easy Remnant Decryption Tips For 'Mass Effect: Andromeda'
Remnant decryption puzzles are effectively mini-Sudoku games that can be solved quite easily with some well-known tips and tricks that would normally be used for Sudoku.
- Keep an eye out for any row or column with three glyphs pre-filled. You'll already know what the fourth one is just by process of elimination.
- Think about the "can't"s as well as the "cans". Sometimes, even if you don't know what goes where, you will be able to know what can't go somewhere. Ruling out a possibility based on the fact that there can't be a repeat in a certain row or column is a great way to go!
Using those tips can help you figure out enough of the remnant decryption puzzle to make things easier the rest of the way through.
Remnant Decryption: All The Known Remnant Puzzle Solutions In 'Mass Effect: Andromeda'
Of course, if you'd rather just know the answers, we can help out with that too. No time to pick apart the numbers when our lives are on the line, right?!
Here is a round-up of solutions to the Remnant Decryption puzzles we've found so far in Mass Effect: Andromeda:
- Remnant Decryption Voeld Puzzle I - "Restoring A World"
- Remnant Decryption Voeld Puzzle II - "Restoring A World"
- Remnant Decryption Voeld Puzzle III - "Restoring A World"
- Remnant Decryption Voeld Puzzle IV - "Peebee: Secret Project"
- Voeld Vault
- Remnant Decryption Eos Puzzle I - "A Better Beginning"
- Remnant Decryption Eos Puzzle II - "Data Trail"
- Remnant Decryption Eos Puzzle III - "A Ghost of Promise"
- Remnant Decryption Eos Vault Puzzle - "A Better Beginning"
- Remnant Decryption Havarl Puzzle I - "Helping Havarl's Scientists"
- Remnant Decryption Havarl Vault Puzzle - "A Dying Planet"
- Remnant Decryption Havarl Fusion Mod Puzzle
- Remnant Decryption H-047C Puzzle - "The Remnant Tiller"
- Remnant Decryption Elaaden (Derelict Ship) Puzzle - "Investigate Remnant Derelict"
- Remnant Decryption Elaaden Puzzle - "Taming a Desert"
- Remnant Decryption Elaaden Vault Puzzle
- Kadara Remnant Decryption Puzzle - "Healing Kadara's Heart" #1
- Kadara Remnant Decryption Puzzle - "Healing Kadara's Heart" #2
- Kadara Vault
Here's how you can get yourself through the Kadara Vault:
Get to the vault's lower level, activate the emergency console, followed by the smaller terminals. Be careful as the force fields surrounding each will eat away at your shields. Once done, head into the next room, launch yourself across the gap and get clicking on that terminal to lower the other columns straight in front of you. Now get yourself over there.
Next you'll need to activate the smaller terminals in the room to get the purification process underway. You'll have to deal with some Remnant here and finally activate the terminal to open the main door. As soon as the purification process begins activate the terminal just outside the door and then make your way to the right.
Then you've gotta handle the Remnant in this next space and eventually make your way to the terminal at the far end of the room. This'll get you moving to another set of columns. Use 'em to make a swift jump across the gap. Once there, you'll need to make your way over to the ramp via some more columns. Then head through the door, turn yourself around and use the terminal to bring this segment to an end. Nice work, pathfinder!
- Khi Tasari (Hidden Platform) Remnant Decryption Puzzle - "The Journey to Meridian"
These are some early game puzzles, but getting through them and seeing how their done should make other puzzles in Mass Effect: Andromeda a bit easier for you.
This page will be updated with more solutions as they're revealed!
Article by Ashley Washington.