Remnant puzzles are an important part to your journey through Mass Effect: Andromeda's universe. If you're lucky, you're equipped with a Remnant Encryption key that will allow you to bypass the puzzle entirely. If you're not, you'll have to do a bit of thinking. The unfamiliar glyphs might throw you off a bit, but there's quite a bit of method to the madness when it comes to solving Remnant puzzles quickly!
- Mass Effect: Andromeda: The Best Skills For Every Class
- Mass Effect: Andromeda: How To Earn More XP And Level Up Quickly
- Mass Effect: Andromeda: Quick Fixes For PC Errors, Crashes & Frame Rate Errors
How To Solve 'Mass Effect: Andromeda' Remnant Puzzles
Check out the latest trailer for Mass Effect: Andromeda below:
First thing's first—Mass Effect: Andromeda's Remnant puzzles have a few rules that will help you in your attempts to solve them.
- All grid spaces must be filled with glyphs.
- Red glyphs are locked in.
- Each glyph in a row must be different. No repeats!
- Each glyph in a column must be different. No repeats!
- No highlighted shape can include repeats of the same glyph. These shapes can be different but begin as squares.
Does any of this sound familiar?
Easy Decryption Tips For 'Mass Effect: Andromeda'
Remnant puzzles are effectively mini-Sudoku games that can be solved quite easily with some well-known tips and tricks that would normally be used for Sudoku.
- Keep an eye out for any row or column with three glyphs pre-filled. You'll already know what the fourth one is just by process of elimination.
- Think about the "can't"s as well as the "cans". Sometimes, even if you don't know what goes where, you will be able to know what can't go somewhere. Ruling out a possibility based on the fact that there can't be a repeat in a certain row or column is a great way to go!
Using those tips can help you figure out enough of the puzzle to make things easier the rest of the way through.
Known Remnant Puzzle Solutions In 'Mass Effect: Andromeda'
Of course, if you'd rather just know the answers, we can help out with that too. No time to pick apart the numbers when our lives are on the line, right?!
Here is a round-up of solutions to the Remnant puzzles we've found so far in Mass Effect: Andromeda:
- Voeld Puzzle I - "Restoring A World"
- Voeld Puzzle II - "Restoring A World"
- Voeld Puzzle III - "Restoring A World"
- Voeld Puzzle IV - "Peebee: Secret Project" (To be updated)
- Voeld Vault
- Eos Puzzle I - "A Better Beginning"
- Eos Puzzle II - "Data Trail" (To be updated)
- Eos Puzzle III - "A Ghost of Promise" (To be updated)
- Eos Vault Puzzle - "A Better Beginning"
- Havarl Puzzle I - "Helping Havarl's Scientists"
- Havarl Vault - "A Dying Planet"
- Havarl Fusion Mod
- H-047C - "The Remnant Tiller"
- Elaaden (Derelict Ship) - "Investigate Remnant Derelict" (To be updated)
- Elaaden - "Taming a Desert" (To be updated)
- Elaaden Vault (To be updated)
- Kadara - "Healing Kadara's Heart" (To be updated)
- Kadara Vault (To be updated)
- Khi Tasari (Hidden Platform) - "The Journey to Meridian" (To be updated)
These are some early game puzzles, but getting through them and seeing how their done should make other puzzles in Mass Effect: Andromeda a bit easier for you.
This page will be updated with more solutions as they're revealed!