Injustice 2 is upon us and Warner Bros. have tapped some fantastic voice talent to bring our favorite DC superheroes to life. They've been working hard to bring dramatic flair to battle banter and cutscenes, as well as making every "ooph," "ugh" and "raaagh!" count. But how much do they resemble their characters in real life?
Catch up with events with the Injustice 2 story trailer below:
The cast of heroes and villains is expanded and likewise so has the pool of talented actors recruited to bring personality to the in-game avatars.
Injustice 2 Voice Actors & Characters, Side By Side
When set next to their in-game characters, some of the cast members of Injustice 2 do show a certain resemblance. Others might surprise you! Here are all the main voice cast members of Injustice 2 next to their in-game personas.
Alan Tudyk Is Green Arrow
Alan Tudyk likely needs no introduction, being one of sci-fi fandom's most beloved space pilots. In Injustice 2, he lends his charm to the role of Green Arrow.
- Hoban 'Wash' Washburne in Firefly
- Wat in A Knight's Tale
- Tucker in Tucker & Dale vs Evil
Megalyn Echikunwoke Is Vixen
"That halfrican actor from the navajo rez with a tricky name," Megalyn Echikunwoke (means "leader of men" in Igbo) voices African heroine Vixen in Injustice 2, the same role she plays in the live-action TV show Arrow.
- Nicole Palmer in 24
- Holly Strickler in 90210
- Tara Price in CSI Miami
C. Thomas Howell Is Captain Cold
No, the "C" doesn't stand for "captain." C. Thomas Howell hit the big time young, with roles in The Outsiders, E.T. and Red Dawn, but his more recent work on TV and games has shown he's still got the chops to deliver Captain Cold's frosty demeanor in Injustice 2.
- Tyler in E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
- Weston Steward in Grimm
- Ponyboy Curtis in The Outsiders
Tara Strong Is Harley Quinn
Tara Strong's voice is all over the cartoon and video game world, and in Injustice 2 she's in a familiar role as fan favorite crazy bad girl, Harley Quinn. If you're a fan of DC video games, you'll have heard her Harley before. I for one won't forget the first time she creeped me out as demon boss Yxunomei in Icewind Dale.
- Twilight Sparkle in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- Timmy in The Fairly OddParents
- Raven in Teen Titans Go!
Scott Porter Is Robin / Damian Wayne
Scott Porter takes on the role of Robin in Injustice 2, and this isn't the bubbly boy wonder more casual fans might be accustomed to. Damian Wayne is Batman's son, but it's safe to say that in this dark storyline, their relationship is somewhat strained.
- Colin Thompson in Music and Lyrics
- Nestor in Caprica
- George Tucker in Hart of Dixie
Laura Bailey Is Supergirl
Laura Bailey might be known to D&D geeks as the roguish Vex'ahlia in Critical Role. Video gamers might recognize her voice from Serana in Skyrim. In Injustice 2, she voices Supergirl.
- Nadine Ross in Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
- Jaina Proudmoore in World of Warcraft
- Olympia Vale in Halo 5: Guardians
Matthew Mercer Is Deadshot
Voice actor and vocal D&D geek Matthew Mercer is another Critical Role alumni tapped for Injustice 2. Probably best known in the video game world as the voice of Resident Evil heartthrob Leon S. Kennedy, this time he's taking on Deadshot.
- Leon S. Kennedy in Resident Evil: Damnation , Resident Evil: Revelations 2 and Resident Evil 6
- Tygra in Thundercats
- MacCready / Z1-14 in Fallout 4
Grey DeLisle Is Catwoman
I've been a fan of Grey DeLisle since she voiced my first BioWare sweetheart back in the day, and she's lending her sultry sound to Catwoman in Injustice 2.
- Nalia de'Arnise / Viconia DeVir in Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
- Azula in Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Arcee in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Robert Englund Is Scarecrow
Who better to voice Scarecrow in Injustice 2 than horror legend Robert Englund? No stranger to the stuff of nightmares, the longtime Freddy Krueger actor voices the terrifying Batman villain with a ghoulish glee.
- Freddy Krueger in A Nightmare on Elm Street
- The Riddler in The Batman
- Ian in Zombie Strippers
Jeffrey Combs Is Brainiac
A classically trained actor with a background in gothic horror, Jeffrey Combs lends his villainous voice to Brainiac, the main antagonist of Injustice 2.
- Herbert West in Re-Animator
- Weyoun in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Kevin Burkhoff in The 4400
Kari Wahlgren Is Starfire
Injustice 2's Starfire is voiced by Kari Wahlgren. She's done a lot of TV work, but video game fans might recognise her voice from the Xenosaga and Dead or Alive game franchises.
- Jessica in Rick and Morty
- Tigress in Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness
- Suzy Johnson in Phineas and Ferb
George Newbern Is Superman
Injustice 2's dark take on Superman is voiced by George Newbern, a veteran actor who's lent his voice to the man of steel in various cartoons.
- Charlie in Scandal
- Bryan MacKenzie in Father of the Bride
- Dr. Curtis Ryerson in Nip/Tuck
Steve Blum Is Green Lantern / Sub-Zero
Steve Blum pulls double duty as Green Lantern and Mortal Kombat-favorite Sub-Zero in Injustice 2. You might also recognize his voice if you're currently playing Prey, in which he lends his vocal talent to the character of Walther Dahl.
- Zeb Orrelios in Star Wars Rebels
- Spike Spiegel in Cowboy Bebop
- Abathur in StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
Phil LaMarr Is Aquaman
Phil LaMarr is Injustice 2's Aquaman but he's done a ton of work as a voice and live action actor all over show business. Most movie fans will best remember him as the unfortunate Marvin in Pulp Fiction.
- Marvin in Pulp Fiction
- Bail Organa in Star Wars Rebels
- Hermes Conrad in Futurama
Khary Payton Is Cyborg
Khary Payton is likely best known for his work on The Walking Dead, but he's actually been the voice of Cyborg in various Teen Titans cartoons. Injustice 2 has a much darker take on his regular character, however.
- Cyborg in Teen Titans Go!
- Ezekiel in The Walking Dead
- Hex in Ben 10
Kevin Conroy Is Batman
Kevin Conroy might just be the iconic voice of Batman, being the go-to vocal talent for Gotham's dark knight in animation and video games, and Injustice 2 is no exception.
- Batman in Batman: The Animated Series
- Bart Fallmont in Dynasty
- Steve Gilman in The Office
Travis Willingham Is The Flash / Jay Garrick
Travis Willingham joins colleagues from Critical Role, Ben 10 and more to voice the Golden Age Flash in Injustice 2.
- Harvey Dent / Two-Face in Batman: The Telltale Series
- Thor in Avengers Assemble
- Cannonbolt in Ben 10
Taliesin Jaffe Is The Flash / Barry Allen
Taliesin Jaffe voices the standard version of The Flash in Injustice 2. Another Critical Role regular, he's also known as a writer and actor as well as for voice work on various video game and anime titles.
- Kenny Granger in She's the Sheriff
- Blanka in Street Fighter IV
- Kenny Butler in Mr. Mum
Liam O'Brien Is Reverse Flash
Liam O'Brien is another Critical Role star whose voice is all over your favorite video games, as well as various film and TV works. In Injustice 2 he voices Reverse Flash, a villainous version of The Flash.
- Nephrite in Sailor Moon Crystal
- Ghost in StarCraft II
- Illidan Stormrage in World of Warcraft
Fred Tatasciore Is Bane / Swamp Thing
Fred Tatasciore voices two green-themed brutes in Injustice 2. He's well known for his portrayal of rough, gruff, heavy types in cartoons.
- Zeratul in StarCraft II
- Rocksteady in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Hulk in Avengers Assemble
Vanessa Marshall Is Black Canary
Venessa Marshall voices my gothic dream girl Black Canary in Injustice 2, but I didn't realize I'd previously heard her as Olga in Metal Gear Solid 2. In fact, she's all over various geeky cartoons and video games.
- Hera Syndulla in Star Wars Rebels
- Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy (TV series)
- Black Canary in Young Justice
Charles Halford As Gorilla Grodd
Super-sapient simian Gorilla Grodd becomes a major force in Injustice 2, and Charles Halford is tapped to give Grodd his signature gruff menace.
- Nate in Rectify
- Chas Chandler in Constantine (TV Series)
- Reggie Ledoux in True Detective
Richard Epcar Is The Joker
The Joker is dead in the timeline of Injustice 2, but he still appears as a fighter, and veteran video game voice actor Richard Epcar provides the vocal lines and manic laughter for the iconic villain.
- Raiden in Mortal Kombat X
- Principal in Persona 5
- Akuma in Street Fighter V
Erica Luttrell Is Cheetah
Erica Lutrell is Injustice 2's Cheetah, who's ready to take on her nemesis Wonder Woman with her feral ferocity.
- Sapphire in Steven Universe
- Val in Lost Girl
- Empress Emily Kaldwin I in Dishonored 2
Michael-Leon Wooley Is Darkseid
Michael-Leon Wooley is the voice of Injustice 2's Darkseid, channeling all his spite into this being of pure hatred.
- Louis in The Princess and the Frog
- Mr. Pumpers in Breadwinners
- Tobias Whale in Beware the Batman
Cameron Bowen Is Red Hood
Cameron Bowen's been performing from a young age, appearing in TV, films and animation. He's Injustice 2's Red Hood, one of his darkest roles to date.
- Periwinkle in Blue's Clues
- Young Dave in Mystic River
- Robin in Young Justice
David Sobolov Is Dr. Fate
David Sobolov is known for his work as a voice actor playing creepy villains, scary aliens and edgy heroes on television, in games and in feature films. In Injustice 2, he's Dr. Fate, who's moved to intervene in the fight despite his premonitions of doom.
- Gorilla Grodd in The Flash (TV Series)
- Drax the Destroyer in Ultimate Spider-Man
- Shockwave in Transformers Prime
Jim Pirri Is Mr. Freeze
Competing for players' attention in Injustice 2 with Captain Cold and Sub-Zero, Mr. Freeze might feel that as a more established DC character, he was given quite the, uh, cold shoulder. At least he has his own voice actor in the form of Jim Pirri, though.
- Gondolier in Penguins of Madagascar
- David Vega in Victorious
- Sergei in Friends
Susan Eisenberg Is Wonder Woman
Injustice 2's voice of Wonder Woman will already be well known to fans of the animated series. Susan Eisenberg regularly voices Wonder Woman in cartoons and has always been really enthusiastic about her character, making frequent appearances at fan conventions.
- Wonder Woman in Justice League
- Councilor Irissa / Jona Sederis in Mass Effect 3
- Wonder Woman in Justice League Unlimited
Ike Amadi Is Atrocitus
Injustice 2 features Ike Amadi as Red Lantern Atrocitus, who harnesses the power of rage and fury.
- Mollaka in Quantum of Solace
- Spartan Jameson Locke in Halo 5: Guardians
- Angor Rot in Trollhunters
Tasia Valenza Is Poison Ivy
Tasia Valenza reprises her role of Poison Ivy for Injustice 2, in which she fights, much like Swamp Thing, for "the green," Earth's endangered plant life.
- Shaak Ti in Star Wars: The Clone Wars (TV Series)
- Poison Ivy in Batman: Arkham City
- Monica Hughes in Saints Row: The Third
Antony Del Rio Is Blue Beetle / Jaime Reyes
Antony Del Rio lends his hispanic charm to Jaime Reyes, AKA Blue Beetle in Injustice 2. A child actor who's appeared in national commercials and independent films, he's more recently become known for video game voice work.
- Chico Libre in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- Young Kratos in God of War: Ascension
- Reptil in The Super Hero Squad Show
Sara Cravens Is Power Girl
Injustice 2's Power Girl is voiced by Sara Cravens, who you might recognize from different video game projects and TV appearances.
- Female Spartan / Selena Rowan in Halo 5: Guardians
- Christina Bell in Batman: Arkham Knight
- Deathstick in Star Wars: Uprising
Ogie Banks Is Firestorm
Ogie Banks is a well established voice actor in animation and video games, but Injustice 2 is his first time voicing Firestorm.
- Luke Cage / Power Man in Ultimate Spider-Man
- Warren Williams in Saints Row IV
- Clawd Wolf in Monster High
Joey Naber Is Black Adam
Injustice 2's Black Adam is voiced by Joey Naber, a veteran actor and producer who's won an Academy Award for his 2007 short film West Bank Story.
- Radwan in Containment
- Salvatore in Without a Trace
- Ghassan al-Bitar in Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
A Justified Cast?
Warner Bros. definitely had the clout, contacts and cash to grab some really great voice talent for Injustice 2. Some of these actors are already legends in geek fandom for their work in various movies, TV series and games.
Which are your favorite voice actors in Injustice 2? Are there any characters you would cast differently?