Mass Effect: Andromeda is here, and if you've completed or grown momentarily tired of Andromeda's single player story, EA and Bioware got you covered with an entertaining 4-player co-op multiplayer mode.
The most anticipated sci-fi RPG of 2017 is out on Xbox One, PS 4 and PC, and we've compiled a #Guide showing you the best tips and tricks to earn more experience and level up fast in #Andromeda's multiplayer mode.
How Level Up Fast And Earn More XP In The Multiplayer Of 'Mass Effect: Andromeda'
Mass Effect: Andromeda's multiplayer is a lot different from the single player story. You cannot customize your own version of a characrer, but instead choose from 20 pre-created classes, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. With these classes, you form 4-man co-operative fire teams with other players to complete missions.
- 10 Unforgettable Moments From The Mass Effect Trilogy
- You Never Forget Your First Bioware Romance
- 9 Big Things We Learned From Mass Effect: Andromeda's Exploration Trailer
You can level up each of these pre-created characters through the multiplayer, raising their combat prowess while gradually upgrading the overall health, damage or durability of all your Andromeda characters by raising your account-wide Bonus Stats.
To do that, you need experience. Lots and lots of experience. Here's how to obtain that in the best way possible:
Tip 1: Always Complete Your Daily Missions
- What to do: Make sure to complete every daily mission in Mass Effect: Andromeda either yourself or by sending out an NPC Strike Team.
- Why: The daily mission has great rewards like bonus experience, Mission Funds and equipment. It's easy to complete it yourself in multiplayer, but if you don't have the time on a you can dispatch an NPC Strike Team to take care of the mission for you. These teams are recruited at the cost of Mission Funds and can embark on quests on your behalf. Never missing a daily mission is key to leveling up fast.
Tip 2: Strategize To Use Your Time Efficiently
- What to do: Have a clear idea of how to approach the current challenges you and your fire team will face in Andromeda's multiplayer. Come up with a strategy for how to deal with the obstacles ahead and avoid dying as much as possible.
- Why: The longer you survive during a multiplayer run, the more enemies you kill, the more experience and better rewards you'll eventually earn. Sure, killing off enemies and losing at some point will net you some experience, but the real leveling rewards come in if you can efficiently farm the multiplayer modes without having the downtime of respawning.
Tip 3: Complete The Apex Missions When You Can
- What to do: Complete the difficult and somewhat rare Apex Missions to cash in their big rewards. Only try if you know you'll succeed though as failing trying to complete a mission isn't worth it.
- Why: Regularly, you'll come across particularly difficult missions called Apex Missions. These provide big bonuses to experience, credits and mission funds when completed. Each Apex Mission has a number of modifiers like minus weapon damage or harder hitting melee enemies, and it's important you plan out how to overcome these challenges before you begin. Select your most well-geared and highest level character to get a hold of those sweet rewards.
Tip 4: Get Good With A Specific Character
- What to do: Play the same or very similar characters over and over again. Master their playstyle and take them to max level before trying out other classes.
- Why: If you're really good at playing a character class, chances are you'll be more successful when embarking on missions in Mass Effect: Andromeda's multiplayer. That means less failure and the ability to try out the missions on harder difficulties, resulting in more experience gained and faster level up. Also, being higher level with a multiplayer character allows you to take on higher level missions.
Tip 5: Utilize The Strength Of A Diverse Team
- What to do: Create a well-balanced composition with your fire team, utilizing the strengths of the different classes of Andromda, bringing everything from tank-like soldiers to utility-based engineers and biotic-focussed explorers.
- Why: Having a diverse team allows you to be flexible regarding which missions to take on and adapt to a variety of challenges in general. Especially if you're playing with friends who're specialized in their specific class role. It will generally guarentee a higher successrate on missions, which translates into more experience and more levels.
Tip 6: Have As Many Strike Teams Ready As Possible
- What to do: Certain missions require certain skills, so it's important to ensure you have the Strike Teams to complete every possible mission. Recruit who you need by spending Missions Funds.
- Why: You can have up to six different Strike Teams at a time in Mass Effect: Andromeda's multiplayer, and they should all fulfill different needs. There is no reason not to get them, so make sure you have a flexible selection of soldiers for hire in order to complete every daily mission out there in the most effective way and reap the experience rewards.
Tip 7: Communication Is (Always) Key
- What to do: Talk to each other through voice communication or chat if you're playing on PC. Use whatever means necessary to communicate with your team mates.
- Why: This is a key recipe to success in any game that relies on teamwork and Mass Effect: Andromeda's multiplayer is no different. You have to be able to yell out if you die and need a quick revive or find yourself in another desperate situation. It'll make your team work better and guarantee more successful missions runs in general, netting more experience and speeding up your leveling.
What trick do you use to level up fast in Mass Effect: Andromeda's Multiplayer?