It's been a crazy couple of weeks for game releases. #Battlefield1 has taken the world by storm, #InfiniteWarfare has dazzled with some zombie action, the #DarkSouls3 expansion has made the game as tough as ever and #Titanfall2 has proven itself to be one of the best shooters—if not the best—of the year. But it's time to push all of that aside. A real beauty is on the horizon.
One of the most anticipated titles of 2016 is set to arrive on shelves tomorrow afternoon, but thanks to the wonder of time zones and PCs, you can get a head start on your mischievous slaying in Dishonored 2 right now!
Trick Steam And Play Dishonored 2 Right Now
Revealed by NeoGAF user JaseC, Dishonored 2 is currently playable on Steam servers in Australia, New Zealand and Asia. Apparently it's Friday there. Cool! So in order to reap the benefits of living in one of these places when not actually there yourself, here's how to go about it:
- 1. Log out of the Steam mobile app and change your password via the the desktop client
- 2. Download and install FlyVPN (20-minute session limit) TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (500MB bandwidth limit).
- 3. Connect to a server in Australia, New Zealand or Asia
- 4. Restart Steam (if you're logged in)
- 5. Unlock the game
- 6. Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)
Nice and simple, gaming friends.
Will You Be Getting Dishonored 2 Before Reviews?
On a side note, I'm interested in knowing whether Bethesda's new review policy (which restricts journalists to playing their games at the same time as the general public) has impacted on your plans for buying Dishonored 2? Has their policy made you skeptical? Do you like to read reviews before investing in a video game? Or have you already pre-ordered? Let us know in the comments!
Check out the gameplay trailer for Dishonored 2 below: