Have you gotten yourself a Darkrai yet? This mythical dark-type Pokémon isn't one you can just toss a Pokéball at—it's only available during special promotions. As it so happens, however, one of those promotions is taking place right now, so if you haven't gotten your mitts on this dream inhabiter, you won't wanna miss this golden opportunity.
How long does the promotion last? Until the end of October! Consider it a Halloween treat that's more sour than sweet. All you need do is enter the code "Darkrai20" into the Mystery Gift function of any mainline Pokémon game (and by that, we mean Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and Pokémon X/Y—no Darkrai for you, Pokémon Red purists!).
Darkrai has been available for rabid fan consumption two times already this year (through a partnership with GameStop and to Pokémon Trainer Club subscribers), making this new promotion the third time all the friends you bragged to earlier will have a chance to shove their new Darkrais in your face. This once-rare Pokémon sure is getting a lot more common...
Given this stick-legged Pokémon's popularity, however, it does make sense that The Pokémon Company would be spouting the Darkrai Cry. I mean, look at this thing! It looks like death itself put on this earth to devour us whole.
Or, you know, it could just be your standard goth anime girl...
No matter how you picture Darkrai in your head, you'll want to power up that 3DS to nab the silly ol' death bringer for yourself. Don't forget the code ("Darkrai20" for those who don't want to scroll back up...)! And remember to take advantage of this Poké-ttunity before no-shave November starts.
Which Pokémon game do I need to get Darkrai?
- Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire or Pokémon X/Y
How can I download Darkrai?
- boot up your Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire or Pokémon X/Y game
- go to MYSTERY GIFT
- select RECEIVE GIFT and then GET VIA INTERNET
- get your own special Victini
- be sure you’re in a spot that has a good internet connection
- visit any Pokémon Center and talk to the woman to receive your Darkrai
What level will my Darkrai start at?
- Your new Darkrai will be at level 100
What moves does Darkrai come with?
- Dark Void: puts all adjacent foes to sleep, with an accuracy of 80% for each Pokémon
- Ominous Wind: inflicts damage and has a 10% chance of raising the user's Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed by one stage each
- Nightmare: reduces the target's health by one quarter of its maximum HP at the end of each turn (only works if the target is asleep; ceases to work once the target wakes up)
- Feint Attack: inflicts damage and bypasses accuracy checks to always hit, unless the opponent is in the semi-invulnerable turn of a move such as Dig or Fly
Your new Darkrai will also know the special ability Bad Dreams, which causes all adjacent sleeping foes to lose 1/8 of their maximum HP at the end of each turn.
For more Darkrai here on Now Loading:
- 10 of the Strangest Pokemon to Exist
- Artist Fuses Pokemon to Create Amazing Hybrid Species Never Seen (Nor Caught) Before
- 13 Comic Book Super-Villains And Their Perfect Pokemon Teams