The Star Wars universe has given rise to one of the most diverse and expansive collections of books, comics, movies and video games. Many gamers were overjoyed when Electronic Arts announced their plans to reboot the classic action shooter, Star Wars: Battlefront. Yet, when its release in 2015 was met with mixed reviews fans became worried about the future of the franchise. EA wasn't about to let that be the final word, so they returned to the drawing table and announced a sequel.
After unveiling the sequel at E3, it appeared as though many of the problems with the first game were resolved by including playable characters from all of the Star Wars eras as well as a legitimate single-player campaign that follows the story of Iden Versio, a commander of the Empire's Inferno Squadron.
Via a Reddit post on r/StarWarsBattlefront, we have discovered some new details about some of the 15 playable characters in Star Wars: Battlefront 2, including each of their unique abilities. Although leaks of this kind are difficult to verify, uninspired_zebra has a stellar history when it comes to Battlefront leaks, and the information below comes directly from their feed.
The Heroic Cast Of Characters
The playable characters on the heroic side of the game include Jedi, Rebel and scoundrel favorites.
Han is a sharpshooter who quickly dispatches his enemies with the high power of his DL-44 blaster. He’s not afraid to charge into battle and finish the job with explosives if the going gets tough.
- HAN SOLO’S DL-44: Produced by BlasTech Industries, the DL-44 delivers high damage at the cost of overheating quickly.
- SHOULDER CHARGE: Han charges forwards, knocking over and damaging the first enemy he hits.
- SHARPSHOOTER: Han can fire the DL-44 rapidly for the next few seconds.
- DETONITE CHARGE: Han throws a sticky charge which can be detonated at will.
Chewbacca uses his Bowcaster to fire charged shots at his enemies and his phycial strength to pummel and smash close targets. He is hardy enough to withstand even the most powerful attacks.
- CHEWBACCA’S BOWCASTER: A bowcasterwas a type of traditional and handcrafted projectile weapon commonly used by Wookiees. On the contrary to regular bowcaster, Chewbacca’s doesn’t fire enegized metal quarrels but pure energy.
- MULTI-SHOCK: Chewbacca throws a grenade which can be broken into a cluster of smaller missiles which electrocute enemies they hit.
- HEAVY SLAM: Chewbacca leaps and smashes his fists into the floor, dealing damage to enemies around him and knocking them off their feet.
- WOOKIEE BERSERKER: Chewbacca roars and overcharges his bowcaster, enabling him to fire fully charged shots with no charge time.
Luke uses his saber skills and the force to be on the frontlines of battle. His high manuvourability enables him to rush his enemies and avoid damage.
- LUKE SKYWALKER’S LIGHTSABER: Based on schematics found in Obi-Wan Kenobi’s hutt on Tatooine. This lightsaber only uses one kyber crystal.
- FORCE RUSH: Luke uses the force to enhance his speed and quickly move in any direction.
- FORCE REPULSE: luke sends a burst of force enery out from the ground, dealing damage to any enemies nearby.
- FORCE PUSH: Luke uses the force to push enemies in front of him, knocking them over ledges or into danger.
Leia serves as an anchor for the team, deploying her enhanced squad shield to provide cover, incapacitating the enemy with concussion grenades.
- LEIA’S DEFENDER PISTOL: The Defender sporting blaster pistol was made by the Drearian Defense Conglomerate. This low-powered weapon is easy to use and was popular in honor duels among nobility.
- UNKNOWN SKILL NAME: Leia swaps her blaster for her personal, enhanced E-11 assault, allowing her to blast her enemies with a stream of laser fire.
- SQUAD SHIELD: Leia deploys a squad shield at her location. The shield protects her and those inside from blaster fire.
- CONCUSSION GRENADE: Leia throws a concussion grenade which detonates on impact, blinding and confusing enemies in the blast area.
Yoda is an expert at turning defence into attack, using the force to repel blaster fire, heal his wounds and protect him from harm while using his light sabre to inflict damage.
- YODA’S LIGHTSABER: Shoto-style lightsaber using a kyber crystal from the icy caverns of Ilum.
- FORCE ABSORB: Yoda channels the force, absorbing blaster fire before channeling it into a wave of force power that can damage and knock over enemies.
- DASH ATTACK: Yoda leaps forwards, dealing damage to enemies he hits on the way. He can perform the move 3 times in quick succession.
- UNKNOWN SKILL NAME: Yoda becomes one with the force, instantly removing any negative effects from him and healing him of his wounds.
Lando uses cunning and gadgets to confuse and then ambush his opponents with his heat vision enabled X-8 Night Sniper pistol. You wont see Lando if he sees you first.
- LANDO CALRISSIAN’S X-8 NIGHT SNIPER: The X-8 Night Sniper was a model of blaster pistol manufactured by BlasTech Industries that featured a computerized scope and silent mode operation.
- SMOKE GRENADE: Lando throws a smoke grenade which obscures the view of his enemies. He can see them using his night vision capability.
- SHARP SHOT: Lando takes a moment to take focus on up to 5 enemies before delivering a flurry of headshots against each one.
- DISABLER: Lando throws out a sticky rebel device which disrupts the radars and communications of enemies around it, as well as revealing them through the environment. He can detonate the disabler at any time to shock enemies around it.
The Villainous Cast of Characters
The playable characters on this list prefer the dark side of the universe over the light.
Boba Fett hunts his enemies by ambushing them with blinding concussion missiles and barrages of damaging wrist rockets, all the while staying constantly on the move with his jetpack.
- BOBA FETT’S EE-3: Produced by BlasTech Industries, and capable of firing a three round burst at the cost of accuracy.
- FOR THE HUNT: Enemies around Boba Fett are revealed for a short period of time.
- CONCUSSION ROCKET: Boba Fett fires a single concussion shot, dazing enemies caught in the blast.
- ROCKET BARRAGE: A hail of small rockets is launched from Boba Fett’s gauntlet.
Vader’s high survivability and powerful force powers enable him to stand on the frontlines and slowly advance on his enemies.
- DARTH VADER’S LIGHTSABER: Dual-phase lightsaber made after Darth Vader joined the dark side of the force.
- SABER THROW: Vader throws his lightsaber, cutting through and dealing damage to any enemies in the way.
- FORCE CHOKE: Vader chokes a cluster of enemies ahead of him, dragging them off the ground and through the air to drop them into danger.
- FOCUSED RAGE: Vader focusses his energies, allowing him to both deal and receive more damage.
The emperor eliminates whole groups of enemies at a time using his powerful manipulation of the force to slow, stun and buffet them with force lightning.
- THE EMPEROR’S LIGHTNING: Force power firing electricity from the fingertips of the user.
- ELECTROCUTE: The Emperor electrocutes enemies in front of him, immobilizing them.
- DARK AURA: The emperor charges the air around him with force energy, damaging those around him and slowing their movement.
- CHAIN LIGHTNING: The emperor unleashes a burst of lightning which hits a target and spreads to those around them.
Maul uses his expert saber skills and aggressive Force powers to quickly assault and overrun the enemy, one at a time.
- DARTH MAUL’S LIGHTSABER: Darth Maul crafted his double-bladed lightsaber to exact vengeance upon the Jedi.
- SPIN ATTACK: Darth Maul goes into a high velocity lightsaber spin attack and leaps forwards.
- FURIOUS THROW: Darth Maul hurls his lightsaber, damaging all enemies it touches.
- CHOKE HOLD: Darth Maul chokes a few enemies and throws them to the ground.
Bossk is a hunter, able to go on the offensive to root out his prey with choking Dioxis Gas or keep his distance and snipe from afar and protection his position with mines.
- BOSSK’S RELBY V-10: The Relby-v10 micro grenade launcher was a highly destructive blaster/mortar weapon modified from the BlasTech Industries CSPL-12 projectile launcher. It was commonly referred to simply as a Mortar Gun.
- PREDATOR INSTINCTS: Bossk loads in a round of high damage micro grenades and uses his Trandoshan instincts, gaining heat vision and enchancing his pysical strength.
- DIOXIS GRENADE: A thrown grenade which releases a potent cloud of dioxis gas that will damage enemies who stand within.
- PROXIMITY MINES: Bossk thows out 3 sticky mines that detonate on proximity trigger, healing high damage.
Kylo is a master of controlling his enemies with the force, freezing them or pulling them to him so that he can finish them with his aggressive lightsaber attacks.
- KYLO REN’S LIGHTSABER: Crossguard lightsaber based on an ancient design from the Gret Scourge of Malachor. The lateral vents divert the extra power from this powerful weapon.
- FORCE PULL: Kylo uses the force to pull enemies ahead off their feet and towards him.
- FORCE FREEZE: Kylo freezes all enemies in front of him, immobilizing them for a duration.
- SABER CHARGE: Kylo charges forwards and performs a spinning, 360 degree sabre attack when the ability button is pressed again.
The remaining characters fighting for the light and the dark side include General Grievious, Captain Phasma, Finn and Iden Versio, but based on these descriptions and abilities alone Star Wars: Battlefront II definitely looks like it's going to make several dramatic improvements to its predecessor.
Star Wars: Battlefront II will be available on November 17, 2017.
Which character will you play as first? Tell us in the comments below!