Yooka-Laylee is a vibrant revitilization of the collectible-focused platforming genre that is, as you'd expect, stuffed full of hidden collectibles and secrets to find. You'll find five Ghost Writers in every level of Yooka-Laylee, all of which require a different method of approach.
If you find all five Ghost Writers in each of the Grand Tome levels you will earn a Pagie from that world. Dependent on the color, each ghost has its own unique requirement for being caught.
Note: some ghosts require you to have unlocked certain abilities—Sonar Shot for Blue Ghost Writers and Slurp Shot for Pink Ghost Writers—which you must purchase from Trowzer beforehand.
'Yooka-Laylee' Collectibles Guide: How To Catch All Ghost Writers
- The Yellow Ghost Writer, Normy, is the easiest of the five to catch and is just waiting for you to find him. Check a level's nooks, crannies and seemingly out of reach places—this is much easier later on once you've acquired the game's more advanced traversal abilities.
- The Red Ghost Writer, Ann-Gree, will charge you on sight and can only be attacked after it misses. Wait for the ghost to lock on to you then jump out of the way and hit it with your strike ability. Repeat this process until the ghost changes color, allowing you to collect it.
- The Green Ghost Writer, Evie, will do all she can to evade your advances. Fortunately, the ghost will usually stick to a fairly small area so work out its movements and try to cut it off mid-path.
- The Blue Ghost Writer, Heidi, is invisible so you'll need to listen to her tell-tale sound cue. Backing away from the blue ghost will usually prompt it to reappear, so once you've figured out where Heidi is hiding, fire the Sonar Shot in her direction.
- The Pink Ghost Writer, Fee-Dee, must be fed with Frostberries. The trick to catching this ghost is locating a nearby bush to suck up a berry from. Note that you'll need to purchase the Slurp Shot from Trowzer before you can catch any pink ghosts.