Yooka-Laylee is nearing its April 11 release date, bringing good ol' Banjo Kazooie-style platforming to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC. We can't wait to embark on this colorful collectathon adventure, which easily stands out as one of the most exciting games of 2017.
All The Bonuses For Pre-Ordering 'Yooka-Laylee
#YookaLaylee is a colorful homage to the games of the '90s and '00s when collectibles was all the roar. It's both a resurrection and modernization of the genre and takes the player back to simple platforming gameplay, adding modern sandbox elements and a bit of fast-paced action.
- These Classic Video Game Characters Deserve To Be In 'Yooka-Laylee'
- 'Yooka-Laylee's' Multiplayer Modes And Exclusive Arcade Games
- 'Walkie Talkie' Turns Your Typing Into A Platform Game
As with most other games these days, Yooka-Laylee is going to reward you for placing your trust in the game early on by pre-ordering it. Let's take a closer look at what kind of bonuses you're getting in exchange for that trust.
Get Your Own Starter Toybox By Pre-Ordering
- How to get it: Everyone who pre-orders Yooka-Laylee on PC, Xbox One or PS4 will instantly unlock a Yooka-Laylee Toybox.
- What is it: The Toybox is a self-contained, spoiler-free sandbox game designed to give Yooka-Laylee backers a taste of the platforming mechanics appearing in the final game.
- Price: $34,99
One thing to note: The Toybox game is only available to play on PC, though the developers from Playtonic Games are working on making it playable on PS4 and Xbox One as well.
The Toybox contains a demo-like version of Yooka-Laylee, and in it, there are moves to try, custom-built props to play with, secrets to discover and yes, shiny collectibles to hunt out. It’s only a small sample of the finished production—and visually incomparable. In other words, it's the perfect way to get into Yooka-Laylee before the game is released.
More Gifts By Ordering The Deluxe Edition
Note: The Digital Deluxe version isn't available on PS4 or Xbox One.
- How to get it: On Steam and GOG.com, you'll find a Digital Deluxe version of Yooka-Laylee. Everyone who pre-orders this will receive both the Toybox and the rewards below.
- What is it: It costs $9,99 to upgrade your game to the Digital Deluxe version, bringing the cost for the entire game up to $44,99. For that, you get a 24-page digital manual and art book, featuring exclusive details on the characters, worlds and challenges in Yooka-Laylee, as well as access to the soundtrack.
How are you going to collect all the collectibles in Yooka-Laylee?