If you're like me and spend a few moments of your time looking at FromSoftware's Dark Souls 3 patch notes like they're a collection of hieroglyphs, you'll be happy to know that redditor Textralia took it upon themselves to master the mystery of patch 1.06.
Alongside the DS3 community, Textralia data mined and deciphered the cryptic clues and discovered that the latest patch has some very juicy perks for particular weapons, but the outrageously OP Dark Sword is still yet to be nerfed.
Which is good news for those of you lucky enough to have one in your arsenal.
Right, let's have a look at these perks then.
Dark Souls Patch 1.06 Perks
The Dagger subclass ('Short Sword' is a mistranslation in the official patch notes - I tripled checked the Dark Sword just for you lot) has received a 5-10% increase to base AR across the board.
- Parrying Dagger - 10%
- Dagger - 5%
- Mail Breaker - 10%
- Bandit's Knife - 5%
- Harpe - 10%
- Rotten Ghru Dagger - 10%
- Corvian Greatknife - 10%
- Handmaid's Dagger - 7%
- Scholar's Canldestick - 10%
- Tailbone Short Sword - 5%
- Brigand Twindaggers - 20%
Dual-Wielding Weapons have received some adjustments - this will likely require further investigation as I lack the historic data to compare.
- Gotthard Twinswords - Probable increase in Guardbreak damage.
- Brigand Twindaggers - 20% increase in listed AR.
- L1 attacks see an increase in stamina cost for twin weapons, but damage has been rebalanced.
- Farron Hail spread has been tightened, but no increase in damage.
- Crystal Hall fires 3 volleys as opposed to 1. Damage hasn't seen an increase.
- Farron Dart and Greater Farron Dart see unconfirmed amendments to casting time.
What do you make of that?