Let's face it, we were all feverishly awaiting the arrival of Pokémon GO all over the world. But Japan, New Zealand, Australia and now North America can already indulge themselves in some trainer magic, while for those of us who've been relegated to the side and expected to wait an unspecified amount of extra time to catch the mons in our showers, the pain goes on.
But fear not. There is a solution. Let me lay it down for you.
How to Download Pokémon GO Before It Hits Your Region
First off, make sure that your phone can actually run Pokémon GO with this helpful guide!
This is probably the easiest way for eager trainers to gain access to Pokémon GO and it does indeed work. Numerous outlets have reported that simply downloading the game's APK code (Android application package) will grant you access to the game. You won't be able to find it on the Play Store, but there are numerous sites on the web that you can chose to download it from.
However, we recommend you do so at your own risk. Some websites don't check whether APK files are clean, you may be at risk of downloading some form of malware onto your phone. We're also still not entirely sure how Niantec have reacted to this workaround, so be vigilant, friends.
A little more convoluted than how Android users can access the game, but a more legit way of accessing GO for sure.
1. Log out of your current Apple ID on your iPhone. Just head to the App Store, scroll down to the bottom, click on your ID and then select "Sign Out" from the options.
2. Once that's sorted head on over to the settings app. Go to General, then Language & Region. Under the subheading "Region Formats" head into Region and simply change it from wherever you are to the US, New Zealand or Australia. Your iPhone will readjust itself for a few seconds and once that's done you can close the app.
3. Now just head over to the App Store and search for Pokémon GO. Don't worry if it doesn't appear, it didn't for us either. Simply attempt to download any other free app you see on the list and a little window will pop up prompting you to sign in or create a new account. Select ‘Create new Apple ID,' yep, you're gonna make a new account.
4. Simply follow all of the instructions on screen, but make sure to select 'None' in the billing menu, unless you have an American credit card handy. It won't ask you for any details when downloading GO seeing as it's totally free. You'll then have to add an address that matches the region you selected earlier.
5. Once that's all done, head back to the App Store, search for Pokémon GO and simply download it. Now you can go and enjoy the hell out of the latest Pokémon game for free, like the rest of the planet. Also, even if you delete the app and then sign back in with your REAL Apple ID afterwards, you've created a GO account and all of our info will be saved. Enjoy!