Lately, games from the JRPG genre have been reduced to a limited number of titles in newer consoles such as the PS3 and PS4. Along with Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Ni no Kuni 2, Persona 5 is one of these highly anticipated games that offer the JRPG the gaming scene has been lacking. It was originally planned to be released in late 2014 but got delayed, for quality and content reasons.
Let's list out what we know so far:
- Release date: September 15, 2016 (Japan), February 14, 2017 (The rest of the world)
- While Persona 3's main theme was death and Persona 4's focus is identity and seeking truth, the main theme of Persona 5 will be slavery.
- The protagonist is nameless like the past Persona games but has a title (The Phantom) and his initial persona, Arsène
- There are 9 playable characters (The protagonist, Ryuji Sakamoto, Anne Takamaki, Morgana, Yusuke Kitagawa, Makoto Niijima, Futaba Sakura, Haru Okumura, Goro Akechi)
The theme song was revealed to be "Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There" performed by Lyn Inaizumi and composed by Shoji Meguro who also worked on the previous persona music as well.
- There's a fishing activity included...
I don't think this was included in the previous persona games.
- The game offers a crafting system for new items and equipment.
- There are mini-games that consist of puzzles which can boost characters stats.
- The SNS system allows the player player to chat with other characters using text messages. This will allow players to personalize and expand their stories.
- The game also brings back the old way of acquiring Personas: negotiating and making contracts with the Demons, a feature returning from absence since Persona 2.
- The dungeon (Palaces) isn't randomly generated as Persona 3, and 4.
- Third Eye is a skill that allows you to see through traps and secrets in palaces.
I'm honestly too excited for this game, it's been a while since a solid JRPG was released.
What are your thoughts of this game so far ?
More content for you: