Not entirely OP it seems, her hacks do have restrictions. Sombra cannot hack while taking damage so some heroes may be more dangerous than others. As a general rule, if McCree's Flashbang can stop an ability, so can Sombra's hack. Hacking won't ever stop or prevent a hero's passive ability or main shooting options and she usually cannot affect any objects already thrown or out.
Even Ultimates differ: channeling ults can be disrupted, but continuous ones can't. Sombra's hack often has the same effect as her EMP, but there are a few differences between the two for some abilities and they will be noted.
- Can hack Swift Strike if you time it early, however if it's already started then it continues the charge and causes damage.
- Can hack Deflect.
- Can't hack Genji's ult Dragonblade if it's in progress, but it does prevent him from using his other abilities during it.
- Can't hack double jump.
- Can't hack Shuriken.
- Can't hack Genji's ability to run up walls.
- Can hack McCree's ult Deadeye.
- Can't hack Combat Roll.
- Can't hack Flashbang.
- Can't stop fan the hammer.
- Can't stop Pharah's ability to fly (passive ability).
- Can hack and interrupt Jump Jet.
- Can stop Concussive Blast if caught early, but not if it's in progress.
- Can hack Pharah's ult Barrage. However if Barrage is targeting you, EMP is the better way to go so Hack won't be interrupted by taking damage.
- Can hack Shadow Step mid-teleport.
- Can't hack Wraith Form.
- Can hack Reaper's ult Death Blossom.
- Can't hack Sprint in progress, but it will stop another Sprint from being cast.
- Can't hack Biotic Field heal.
- Can't hack Helix Rockets.
- Can't hack or interrupt Soldier's ult Tactical Visor, but it does prevent Helix Rockets from being cast during it.
- Can hack and prevent Sombra from teleporting with Translocator.
- Can technically hack each other. Since Hack takes a second to go into effect, two Sombras could simultaneously hack the other.
- Can hack Thermoptic Camo, but only if the enemy Sombra is within range. It doesn't bring her out of invisibility, but it does prevent other abilities.
- Can hack Blink, though it may be difficult to pull off due to short time frame.
- Can hack Recall.
- Can't hack Tracer's ult Pulse Bomb.
- Can be hacked during Self-Repair heal.
- Can hack Sentry mode, which will kick Bastion back to Recon mode.
- Can't hack Bastion's Tank mode ult.
- Can hack during arrow swaps, preventing Hanzo from switching to different arrow.
- Can't hack arrows in progress of being cast, any already nocked on his bow can still shoot but it will then revert back to normal arrow after.
- Can't hack Hanzo's ult Dragonstrike if it has already fired.
- Can hack and interrupt Concussion Mine detonation.
- Can't hack the Concussion Mines.
- Can't hack Steel Trap or avoid it via invisibility.
- Can hack Junkrat while he is casting his ult Rip Tire, but can't hack or EMP the actual tire.
- Mei will be hard to hack, because Endothermic Blaster deals continuous damage and Sombra can't hack while taking damage.
- Can't hack Cryo-Freeze.
- Can hack Ice Wall while it is in progress, but it doesn't affect her ability to cancel and bring down the wall.
- Can't hack Mei's ult Blizzard while in progress.
- Can hack Turret, though in 1v1 it's better to EMP due to instant activation and no worry of Sombra being interrupted by taking damage.
- Can hack either Torbjörn or the turret, but hacking one won't also hack the other. To knock both out you'll have to hack each separately.
- Can't hack or interrupt Build Turret ability.
- Can't hack Torbjörn's ult Molten Core.
- Can hack Grappling Hook, causing Widowmaker to drop prematurely.
- Can't hack Venom Mine.
- Can't hack Widowmaker's ult Infra-Sight if it has already been cast, but you can hide from it by going invisible after the cast.
- Can hack Boosters.
- Can hack Defense Matrix.
- Can't hack mech if D.Va has already pressed the button.
- Can't hack D.Va's ult Self-Destruct, but you can hack her after to prevent her from getting back into a mech.
- Can hack Barrier Field, but only from behind or above, and it has no effect on the shield's hp.
- Can EMP through Barrier Field (from any direction), setting it to 0 hp.
- Can hack Charge, but if you time it too late you can still get impaled on a wall.
- Can hack Fire Strike, but only while the animation is in progress. If it completes, the Fire Strike still goes out.
- Technically possible to hack Reinhardt's ult Earthshatter, but it's so quick that it's unlikely to be successful.
- Can't hack in progress Chain Hook on yourself.
- Can hack Chain Hook on another player.
- Can hack Take a Breather heal.
- Can hack Roadhog's ult Whole Hog.
- Can hack Jump Pack, but only at the beginning of the jump. If he is already in the air then the jump still goes through.
- Can't hack from outside through Barrier Projector, but can hack it from inside the barrier.
- Can EMP from outside through Barrier Projector, destroying it.
- Can't hack Winston's ult Primal Rage.
- Can't hack Particle Barrier.
- Can EMP Projected Barrier. EMP will destroy barrier and hack the person inside.
- Hacking or EMP on Zarya with barrier will give her charge for the amount destroyed.
- Can't hack Zarya's ult Graviton Surge unless you catch it early before it actually goes out.
- Can't hack Sleep Dart.
- Can't hack Biotic Grenade.
- Can't hack Ana's ult Nano Boost from her or teammates.
- Can stop wall run.
- Can't hack current song, but prevents it from changing.
- Can hack Crossfade, preventing switching between heal/speed modes with hack.
- Can't hack Amp It Up, the effect will continue.
- Can hack Lúcio's ult Sound Barrier during activation, but can't hack it if it already went out.
- Can destroy all ult barriers with EMP (unless cast started before EMP).
- Can't hack Angelic Descent (passive), but can hack her Guardian Angel.
- Can't hack Caduceus Staff.
- Can't hack Mercy's ult Resurrect.
- Can't hack Sentry Turrets, but can hack and interrupt Symmetra while she's building a turret.
- Can't hack Symmetra's ult Teleporter.
- Can't stop or affect Orb of Discord already on players, but hacking Zenyatta prevents him from putting new ones out.
- Can't stop Zenyatta's ult Transcendance (immune to hack and EMP).