As you trainers are more than aware of already, I'm sure, #PokemonSunMoon is the very first Pokémon game to introduce pocket monsters that have the cunning ability to evolve into legendary forms. That cute little critter #Cosmog being the most vital of Pokémon to have legendary potential.
But did you know that having a Cosmog in your party means that you ultimately hold the power to change night into day, or day into night? Intrigued? Well, this handy guide will show you:
How To Switch Between Day and Night In 'Pokémon Sun And Moon'
- Every Version Exclusive Pokémon You'll Find In Sun and Moon
- 'Pokémon Sun and Moon': How To Catch Every Legendary
- Pokémon Sun & Moon: Everything You Need to Know About Picking Your Starter!
First of all, if you want to hold the power to control both the sun and moon, you have to must first catch a Cosmog. If you haven't, then you'll need to head over to this handy guide to find and catch Cosmog. Only then will you be able to follow these easy steps to being able to control Pokémon Sun & Moon's day cycle.
Note: You have to have both box legendaries to be able to change day into night, and vice versa.
1. Switching To Daytime
- With Solgaleo, head to the altar (of the version you're playing) at night, traverse through the wormhole there and you will be greeted with daylight on the other side.
2. Switching To Night Time
- With Lunala, head to the altar (of the version you're playing) during the day, travel through the wormhole there and you will be greeted by night-time on the other side.
3. Returning To Normal Time
- After, if you want to return to the time your game should actually be in, simply head back to the altar and step through the wormhole. You won't need to have either legendary 'mon on your in order to return to the correct time.
What's The Use In Switching Between Day And Night?
Although you won't be able to catch either title's specific Pokémon, switching between night and day at will means you will be able to hunt and catch Pokémon that thrive when the sun is up, or force more nocturnal creatures from their shadows.
This also means you will be able to evolve Pokémon that can only change at one point of the day, whenever you want. Yes, this technique isn't a one-time-only type deal. It can be used over, and over, and over again to your heart's content!
When is your favorite time for attempting to catch 'em all?
Celebrate 20 years of Pokémon by revisiting every game in this nostalgia-drenched video!