Looking good as you're shooting other players is an essential part of a battle arena, sandbox shooter like PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. There's just something special about sniping people from afar while wearing sunglasses.
We guess that's why #Battlegrounds includes the ability to highly customize your character. You can wear a trench coat while sporting a baseball cap, a bandana and trucker sunglasses for the ultimate, schizophrenic mishmash of styles, and all of it is awesome.
How To Get Clothes And Accessories In 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds'
In Battlegrounds there is no one telling you what to do or wear. And if they do, you can just go ahead and punish them with that enormous AWM rifle you just picked up from an Airdrop.
- 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds': How To Find A Car, Buggy, Jeep, Motorcycle, Truck, And UAZ
- 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds': Ultimate Tweak Guide - 7 Tips To Improve FPS & FOV
- 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds': Where To Find The Best Weapons
It's really liberating to be free from the fashion snobs and norms of the real world. Also, those police/military bulletproof vests can be really helpful in tight situations. Therefore we've compiled this #guide for you that tells you how to get a hold of all the cool clothing and accessories in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.
Steam Market Is Now Your Go-To Fashion Store
There are basically three ways to get your hands on clothes, equipment or a new pair of trousers in Battlegrounds. They are:
- The Steam Market: If you want to buy clothing or other pieces of fashion wear from the get-go, you will have to head to the Steam Market. Here, you can buy whatever your heart desires. Gasmasks and leather if you're steampunky or just a really friendly jumper if you plan on blending in with the crowd.
- Pioneer Crates: Clothes and accessories can also be found in Pioneer Crates that are purchased with Battleground points. These contain a random item, but you can better your odds for getting rare items by purchasing more expensive crates.
- Scavenging: Yes. Rip that sweet tie from the bullet-punctured guy's chest and put it on yourself. He's not going to use it anymore, so why not?
Almost No Effects, Only Style. This Isn't An RPG
Don't pick up a bandana in Battlegrounds expecting it to provide you with some kind of strength or charisma bonus. Most clothing and accessories provide no more protection than they would in a real-life gunfight; nothing at all.
This is a good thing though. It allows you to focus almost entirely on how neat your character looks while going about her business of killing. No more swapping out stylish black leather jeans for a couple of brightly-colored green AND orange sweatpants because they provide more dexterity.
Below you can check out all the clothing in the game that has no apparent impact on gameplay:
- Glasses (Punk)
- Rimless Sunglasses
- Fingerless Gloves (Leather)
- Gas Mask (Half)
- Gas Mask (Full)
- PlayerUnknown Bandana: Only available if you pre-ordered
- Beanie Ball Cap (White)
- Ball Cap (Red)
- Shirt (White/black/red)
- Bloody Shirt
- T-Shirt (White/grey/striped)
- Tank Top (Charcoal)
- Dirty Tank Top (White)
- Button-Up Shirt (White/black/light green)
- Long-Sleeved T-Shirt (Black/light blue/striped)
- PlayerUnknown Shirt Skin: Only available if you pre-ordered
- Coat (Grey)
- Padded Jacket (Beige/khaki/camo/purple)
- Trench Coat: Buy from Steam Marketplace, pre-order reward
- PlayerUnknown Trench Coat Skin: Pre-order reward
- PlayerUnknown Pants Skin: Available with pre-order
- Work Boots
- Boots (Punk)
- PlayerUnknown Boots Skin: Only available with pre-order
... Except Vests, Helmets And Backpacks. And Some Other Stuff.
With that said, some of the more obviously protective pieces of clothing/armor like bulletproof vests and combat helmets do provide protection. It isn't much, but as in Counter-Strike, that tiny amount of armor will very often decide if you come out on top of a lethal shootout.
Other clothing, like big pants full of pockets and straps or long military boots, can increase your carrying capacity.
This means you often have to compromise style-wise if you actually want to win Battlegrounds or at least make it to the top 10 in a match. What's most important—looking good or being dead—you'll have to decide for yourself.
Here's all the clothing and accessories in the game that can help you on your way to victory:
- Backpack (Level 1): +150Inventory capacity
- Backpack (Level 2): +200Inventory capacity
- Backpack (Level 3): +250 Inventory capacity
- Utility Belt: Capacity +50
- Bullet Loops (for Shotgun): Expands carry capacity of shotgun ammunition
Exactly how much protection these pieces of headgear provide, we're not quite sure of. But they have a Durability rating, which means that whatever amount of protection provided decreases as the items get damaged.
- Helmet (Level 1)
- Helmet (Level 2)
- Helmet (Level 3)
- Combat Helmet
- Motorcycle Helmet Green (Level 1)
- Motorcycle Helmet Grey (Level 1)
- Military Helmet (Level 1)
- Military Helmet (Level 2)
- Military Helmet Woodland Camo (Level 2)
- Military Helmet Desert Camo (Level 2)
- Military Helmet (Level 3)
- Spetsnaz Helmet (Level 1)
- Spetsnaz Helmet (Level 2)
- Spetsnaz Helmet (Level 3)
- Vest (Level 1): 200Durability
- Vest (Level 2): 250Durability
- Vest (Level 3): 300Durability
- Police Vest (Level 1): +120 Inventory capacity. Increased Protection
- Police Vest (Level 2): +150 Inventory capacity. Increased protection
- Military Vest (Level 3): +180 Inventory capacity. Increased protection
- Combat Pants (Brown): 40 Inventory capacity
- Combat Pants (Khaki): 40Inventory capacity
- Combat Pants (Blue): 40Inventory capacity
- Combat Pants (Black): 40Inventory capacity
- Bloody Combat Pants: 40Inventory capacity
- Ghillie Suit: Useful for camouflaging the player within the environment. Most useful in wooded areas
- Hi-Top Trainers: 20 Inventory capacity
- Hi-Top Trainers (Brown): 20 Inventory capacity
- Hi-Top Trainers (Blue): 20 Inventory capacity
That's all the information we have for now. We'll be updating this guide to PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds as soon as we have more information on the effects of clothing and accessories in the game and how to get them.